Fast and accurate inspection requires powerful functionality combined with ease-of-use. A single interface for all measuring equipment eliminates complexity and minimizes bottlenecks. Easily select the best equipment for the job and balance the workload of incoming inspections. PowerInspect provides proven programming methods for portable inspection equipment and CNC CMMs to increase your inspection flexibility.
Facing these challenges?
Parts with complex free form surfaces
Different software for different hardware
Flexible or fragile parts
Operators not able to use all hardware
Jig and fixture checking
Part assembly and alignment
Process optimization and control
Finding the optimum stock distribution of cast or forged parts
Part rework after removing the part from the machine
Minimizing process downtime and
Features Autodesk PowerMill
- Full CAD capability
- PowerInspect’s market-leading CAD capability allows you to use all mainstream CAD formats, providing maximum flexibility to work with data from customers or suppliers. A powerful CAD file manager allows you to manage complex layered parts, create assemblies from multiple CAD models and easily extract nominal data from geometric features.
- Automated inspection programming
- An intuitive user-interface and short learning curve make PowerInspect a powerful inspection solution. Maximize machine utilization with graphical offline programming and minimize demands on operators. Automated CAD inspection strategies help you create accurate surface and section inspection routines with optimized point distribution. Automatic collision avoidance gives you confidence that inspection sequences run safely before they are run on the machine.
- Manufacturing integration
- PowerInspect is the complete inspection solution for measuring parts whilst they are still on the machine. Machine tool probing allows you to make informed scrap or rework decisions quickly. PowerInspect also improves the accuracy of machining operations by aligning the machining coordinate system to the measured position of the workpiece. Optimize part setup for complex free-form shapes
- Measurement repeatability
- Simplify inspections and guide manual operators through the inspection process with visual and audible aids. Embedded probing strategies in PowerInspect promote consistent application of best practice techniques. Enhance the accuracy and precision of automated measuring equipment. Local ‘best fits’ allow you to increase inspection accuracy on flexible parts and assemblies. Carry out measurements consistently without the need for expensive fixturing systems.
- Dimensioning and reporting
- PowerInspect helps you create attractive reports that are easy to understand. Graphical labels and dimensions simplify visualization and the CAD View report feature allows you to place images from the CAD view anywhere in the report. PowerInspect provides a permanent record of inspection results as required - ranging from a single page graphical summary, to a detailed report with text, tables, and images - in seconds.
- 10 reasons to choose PowerInspect
- 1. A single solution for a wide range of inspection hardware.
2. Short learning curve.
3. Intuitive graphical CAD programming.
4. Powerful CAD-reading capability.
5. Embedded wizards and probing strategies.
6. On-screen feedback for every probed point.
7. Probe path simulation & collision checking.
8. Integration with design and manufacturing.
9. Single-click reporting.
10. Graphical reporting with text and images.
“Without a 3D CAD file and PowerInspect, I don’t know any other way we could have verified those dimensions.”
— Gary Puhl, J.P. Pattern